On deck, Mystic has 3 deck houses (passenger lounge, dining salon, navigation/captains quarters) and a forecastle for the crew quarters.
There are accommodations for 8 crew in single bunks, a shared head with shower and storage.
The foremost deck house is the passenger lounge. Numerous large windows on both sides, attractive joinery, teak and holly flooring and comfortable lounge seating make this a very pleasant area. There is a bar with an ice maker, small refrigerator and a wine cooler. In the forward area of the lounge is an upright piano. Additional entertainment is provided with a TV on the aft bulkhead.
In the center of the passenger lounge is a stairway that leads down to eight passenger cabins. The cabins all have either double berths or upper and lower berths, a sink, teak and holly varnished flooring, portlights and independent air conditioning controls. There are 2 showers and 2 heads in this area which are shared. There is also an area with bookshelves, making a small library.
The middle deck house is the dining salon. Numerous large windows on both sides, attractive joinery, teak and holly flooring, six dining tables and a coffee bar with an ice maker and a microwave. There is also a large refrigerator. Aft end of the salon is a day head.
In the center of the dining salon is a stairway that leads down to an additional eight passenger cabins. Six of these cabins are similar to the forward deckhouse cabins with either double berths or upper and lower berths, a sink, teak and holly varnished flooring, portlights and independent air conditioning controls. These cabins share 2 showers and 2 heads. There are also two VIP cabins that have a double berth, portlight, large storage closet and an ensuite head and shower.
Also in the dining salon is a stairway aft that gives access to the galley, laundry room and the engine room.
Aft of the dining salon is the raised steering station. Immediately following that is the aft deck house which houses the navigation area and the captain’s quarters. In this area is a chart room and electronic and navigation equipment. Also is the ships office which has stairs leading down into the captain’s quarters which contains three bunks and a head with a shower.
DECK AND HULL
Wide side decks with permanent deck box seating on both sides. There are also removable deck tables with chairs for wonderful outside relaxation, dinner, drinks... Two outside showers to cool off and wash away the sand and salt.
In 2015 the hull was bottom blasted to original steel and recoated with four coats of Bar Rust and new anti-fouling.
- 100 HP Bow Thruster New 2015
- Ground tackle: Navy type - one 100 lb primary and one 100 lb Fisherman anchors with approx. 500' of 3/4 " chain and 500' of nylon 2 1/2" rode.
- Capstan: 15hp CME Hydraulic vertical
- Safety gear: Rafts for 160 including Rescue Platforms, Fire Extinguishing system Kidde CO2, Fire extinguishers, Epirb 406 mhz, PFD's, Rings
SAIL & RIGGING
Mystic has 15 sails, including square sails on the foremast and gaff topsails on the after two masts. A total of 8,500 square feet of sail.
- Main Topsail
- Mizzen Topsail
- Upper Topsail
- Lower Topsail
- Maintop Staysail
- Fore Staysail
- Outer Jib
- Middle Jib
- Jib Topsail
- Rig Height: 110'
- 3 Barquentine Rigs, Keel-stepped
- Standing Rigging: 6x25 Galvanized wire
- Steel Chainplates
ENGINE, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL
- Engine: Lugger 6140 by Alaskan Diesel, 500 hp, 6 cylinder
- Cooling System: Fresh Water Luger
- Propeller: 64" Fixed 3-Bladed
- Bow Thruster: 100 hp New 2015
- Northern Lights 99kw Diesel Generator New 2015
- Northern Lights 55kw, 6 cylinder, Diesel Generator, fresh water cooled
- 110/220 12 volt Electrical Systems
- Bilge Pumping System: based on 1,500 GPH machinery spaces mounted 220 VAC
- Reverse Osmosis Desalinators: Two Sea Recovery STC 9000 models
- Water Heaters: Two - 50 gallons each
- Air Handling & Ventilation: Free air and AC 12V DC blowers employed for engine room ventilation which is carried out through the use of 220 VAC 1200 CFm Blower and natural air per class
NAVIGATION & ELECTRONICS
- Furuno Radar
- (2) Garmin 76 Furuno GPS's
- Uniden VHF Radio
- Raymarine Wind Indicator
- Depth Sounder: Digital
- Knot Log: Digital
- Icom SSB
- Navtex: Furuno
- Ritchie Compass
Mystic underwent a refit in 2015 as follows.:
- Hull bottom blasted back to original steel and recoated with four coats of Bar Rust and new antifouling
- Rigs out and refit
- New 100 HP bow thruster
- New 99KW Northern Lights Generator
- Major plumbing refit including new Royal Flush Heads by Headhunter
- All new teak and holly soles throughout most of the vessel
- New mattresses and bedding throughout